Duration: 2 Days
Time: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Capacity: 35 students
- Saturday, February 18 – Sunday, February 19, 2017
- Saturday, February 25 – Sunday, February 26, 2017
- Saturday, March 4 – Sunday, March 5, 2017
Course Fee: $170 + course handbook ($10)
Developed in partnership between Creative BC, MPPIA, and industry labour organizations, the Motion Picture Industry Orientation course is a comprehensive, mandatory course that provides you with the information you need to know before working on a film set.
Topics include growth and trends in the BC motion picture industry, the collaborative nature of the industry, demands and challenges of working in film, on-set protocols and language, film job classifications and descriptions, reading and understanding a call sheet, importance of interpersonal skills, on-set safety considerations and best practices.
A few details to remember:
• Your certificate will be issued in your name and mailed to you upon successful completion of the course
• When registering, please ensure that you provide the name of the person who will be attending the course, along with a CURRENT AND COMPLETE mailing address; failure to do so may lead to a significant delay in receiving your certificate
• You do not need to bring anything, however, you may like to bring a notebook or laptop to take notes
• You will receive a reminder email approximately two days before your course begins
- We have a strict, full fee 48-hour cancellation policy. If we receive your cancellation notice less than 48-hours before your course begins, you will not be issued a refund
- If you provide notice of cancellation within the timeline above you will receive a refund, minus a $30 administration fee